7. Juli 2011

multiple-layer-dreaming design

- "I will split up my father's empire."
Now, this is obviously an idea that Robert himself would choose to reject which is why we need to plant it deep in his subconscious. The subconscious is motivated by emotion, right? Not reason. We need to find a way to translate this into an emotional concept.
- How do you translate business strategy into emotion?
- That's what we're here to figure out.
- Robert's relationship with his father...
- ...is stressed, to say the least.
- Can we run with that? We suggest breaking up his father's company as a "screw you" to the old man.
- No, because I think positive emotion trumps negative emotion every time. We all yearn for reconciliation, for catharsis. We need Robert Fischer to have a positive emotional reaction to all this.
- All right, well, try this. Um.... "My father accepts that I want to create for myself, not follow in his footsteps."
- That might work.
- Might? We're gonna need to do a little better than "might."
- Thank you for your contribution, Arthur.
- Forgive me for wanting a little specificity, Eames.
- Specificity? Inception's not about being specific. When we get inside his mind, we're gonna have to work with what we find.

- On the top level, we open up his relationship with his father and say, "I will not follow in my father's footsteps." Then the next level down, we feed him, "I will create something for myself." Then, by the time we hit the bottom level, we bring out the big guns.
- "My father doesn't want me to be him."
- Exactly.
- Three layers down, the dreams are gonna collapse with the slightest disturbance.
- Sedation. For sleep stable enough to create three layers of dreaming we'll have to combine it with an extremely powerful sedative.

- Good night!

- The compound we'll be using to share the dream creates a clear connection between dreamers whilst accelerating brain function.
- In other words, more time on each level. Brain function in the dream will be about ten times normal.
- And when you enter a dream within that dream, the effect is compounded.

- Inception (2010)

1 Kommentar:

  1. "Die Stärke liegt im arbeitenden Volk. Wenn es sein Joch trägt, dann nur, weil es hypnotisiert ist. Und nur darauf kommt es eben an - diese Hypnose zu zerstören."

    - Leo Tolstoi, Tagebücher, 1898

    AntwortenLöschen

© 2010-2020 · pantopia · impressum