29. Juli 2011

to make this work, you've gotta be more than

- Mr. Incredible... do you have a secret identity?
Y: Every superhero has a secret identity. I don't know a single one who doesn't. Who wants the pressure of being super all the time?
X: Of course I have a secret identity. Can you see me in this at the supermarket? Come on. Who'd want to go shopping as Elastigirl, know what I mean?
...

- Robert Parr, will you have this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?

X: You're late. When you asked if I was doing anything later, I didn't realize you'd forgotten. I thought it was playful banter.
Y: It was.
X: Cutting it close, don't you think?
Y: You need to be more... flexible.
X: I love you, but if we're gonna make this work, you've gotta be more than Mr. Incredible. You know that. Don't you?
- ...so long as you both shall live?
Y: I do.

- I pronounce this couple husband and wife.

X: As long as we both shall live. No matter what happens.
Y: Hey, come on. We're superheroes. What could happen?

In a stunning turn of events, a superhero is being sued for saving someone who, apparently, didn't want to be saved. The plaintiff, Oliver Sansweet, who was foiled in his attempted suicide by Mr. Incredible, has filed suit against the famed superhero in Superior Court.
- Mr. Sansweet didn't ask to be saved. He didn't want to be saved. The injury received from Mr. Incredible's "actions", ...causes him daily pain.
Y: I saved your life!
- You didn't save my life! You ruined my death.
- My client has no comment.

Another suit was filed by victims of the el train accident. Incredible's court losses cost the government millions. And opened the flood gates for dozens of superhero lawsuits the world over.
- It is time for their secret identity to become their only identity. Time for them to join us, or go away.

Under public pressure, and the financial burden of an ever mounting series of lawsuits, the government quietly initiated the superhero relocation program. The supers were granted amnesty from responsibility for past actions, in exchange for the promise to never again resume hero work.
Where are they now?
They are living among us.
Average citizens, average heroes.
Quietly and anonymously continuing to make the world a better place.

- The Incredibles (2004)

1 Kommentar:

  1. - Mr. Huph would like to talk to you in his office.
    Y: Now?
    - Now.
    - Sit down, Bob.
    I'm not happy, Bob. Not happy.
    Ask me why.
    Y: Okay. Why?
    - Why what? Be specific, Bob.
    Y: Why are you unhappy?
    - Your customers make me unhappy.
    Y: What, you've gotten complaints?
    - Complaints I can handle.
    What I can't handle is your customers' inexplicable knowledge of Insuricare's inner workings! They're experts. Experts, Bob!
    Exploiting every loophole, dodging every obstacle!
    They're penetrating the bureaucracy!
    Y: Did I do something illegal?
    - No.
    Y: We shouldn't help our customers?
    - The law requires that I answer no.
    Y: We're supposed to help people.
    - Help our people!
    Starting with our stockholders. Who's helping them out, huh?
    You know, Bob, a company...
    Y: Is like an enormous clock.
    - ...is like an enormous...
    Yes. Precisely.
    It only works if all the little cogs mesh together.
    Now, a clock needs to be cleaned, well-lubricated and wound tight.
    The best clocks have jewel movements, cogs that fit, that cooperate by design.
    I'm being metaphorical, Bob.
    Know what I mean by cooperative cogs?
    Bob?
    Bob? Look at me when I'm talking to you, Parr.
    Y: That man out there, he needs help.
    - Don't change the subject.
    We're discussing your attitude.
    Y: He is getting mugged!
    - Well, let's hope we don't cover him.
    Y: I'll be right back.
    - Stop right now or you're fired!
    Close the door.
    Get over here, now.
    I'm not happy, Bob. Not happy.
    Y: He got away.
    - Good thing, too.

    AntwortenLöschen

© 2010-2020 · pantopia · impressum