22. Juli 2011

none of these have yet occurred, but they may

I have lived three hundred years, and I long to die.
But death is no longer possible.
I am immortal.

I present now my story, full of mystery and intrigue;
rich in irony, and most satirical.
It is set deep in a possible future, so none of these events have yet occurred, but they may. Be warned, lest you end as I. In this tale, I am a fake god by occupation and a magician, by inclination. Merlin is my hero! I am the puppet master. I manipulate many of the characters and events you will see. But I am invented, too, for your entertainment and amusement.
And you, poor creatures, who conjured you out of the clay? Is God in show business too?

- Arthur Frayn, Zardoz (1974)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

© 2010-2020 · pantopia · impressum